Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Sometimes Chris and I just drive. We did a TON of driving this summer to visit friends and family. One of my favorite things about driving aimlessly around our own community is that you always discover something new. This mural was CRAZY. It was beautiful and we never would have seen it had we not wandered off the highway.Doesn't it look like you could step right into it!? I had to do a double take and we may have sat through a green light so I could snap a photo. The only sad thing is that I don't remember where on earth we were ... I only remember we had just been to IKEA ... hopefully we'll drive by again someday and take a moment to walk around the town.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
I just can't help myself. We have lived in our current "home" for a year and I am sitting here on my hands to keep from rearranging the furniture ... AGAIN! I'm beginning to wonder if I could ever be settled in one decor. I need to do something to ease the decorating itch that drives me crazy every time I walk through the living room, it's an unavoidable space with our floor plan. I'm hoping pillow covers, a lampshade, and just a few moved pieces will pacify me for more than a month.
who knows what's next
Friday, June 17, 2011
I'm so happy that today is FRIDAY and Lauren has provided me with posting inspiration via her blanks.
1. The last movie I saw was ... we watch LOTS of movies, but Chris and I have mainly been enjoying Legend of the Seeker and House on DVD/Netflix each night this week .
2. I want to do everything in the sunshine now that its summertime .
3. Surprises are not nearly as fun as anticipation .
4. The best accessory is something with a story - great conversation starter!
5. My favorite warm drink is tea and coffee especially when you have a dear friend to drink it with .
6. My favorite cold drink is really good diet coke if I'm "being bad" or coconut water if I'm behaving myself .
7. Currently loving thrifting for a purpose other than myself. Chris' softball season. The characters in Legend of the Seeker and (can't believe I am saying this)spending time a the gym .
soak up some sun and get a laugh in this weekend!
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Today I accidently made a dinosaur cake for an elegant surprise party ... oops =)
The icing kept sticking to one side of the cake ripping it apart so I thought it best to remove that section. It was a blessing in disguise because thats how this guy was born.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Something exciting is about to happen! Actually, lots of exciting things are about to happen. This week in our house we are going to celebrate a birthday, hang out with a best friend, complete not one but TWO intense craft projects, attend a "broadway" show, Interview, and go on the hunt at the Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market EXTRAVAGANZA!
Can't wait til next week so I can let you know how it goes ... actually I can wait because I am going to make this week last as long as possible!