Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
6. My favorite cold drink is really good diet coke if I'm "being bad" or coconut water if I'm behaving myself .
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Whatever your work and whatever its worth,
No matter how strong or clever,
Some one will sneer if you pause to hear,
And scoff at your best endeavour.
For the target art has a broad expanse,
And wherever you chance to hit it,
Though close be your aim to the bull's-eye fame,
There are those who will never admit it.
Though the house applauds while the artist plays,
And a smiling world adores him,
Somebody is there with an ennuied air
To say that the acting bores him.
For the tower of art has a lofty spire,
With many a stair and landing,
And those who climb seem small oft-time
To one at the bottom standing.
So work along in your chosen niche
With a steady purpose to nerve you;
Let nothing men say who pass your way
Relax your courage or swerve you.
The idle will flock by the Temple of Art
For just the pleasure of gazing;
But climb to the top and do not stop,
Though they may not all be praising.
With many a stair and landing". We do our best to reach our highest potential, but this line shows that there plateaus along the way. When we reach a pause for any period of time it can be easy to look around and say, "what the hell am I doing way up here!" and start to doubt ourselves. Sometimes people or situations can be discouraging, but we must carry on with confidence. How do you avoid/fight off those who attempt to disrupt your art and keep climbing higher?
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
I have just been CRAZY BUSY. I am happy to report that my schedule has been FULL... and not like I have had so much TV to watch and sleeping to do that I couldn't possibly blog. My schedule has been legitimately full of rehearsals, teaching, styling, and maybe just a touch of must see TV. Its been awhile since I have been challenged and fulfilled artistically. I have just finished directing an 8th grade production of Macbeth at a private catholic school in Ohio ... say what!? Yeah, never imagined I would face a challenge like that. The students I got to work with blew. me. away. Most had never acted before and went above and beyond to make the show the best it could be. During the first performance I paced in the back admiring their courage. My heart almost exploded.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
1. I feel happy when my house smells like warm banana bread. I feel happy when I am thinking of my grandparents and remembering all of my special moments with them. I feel happy anytime Chris and I hug – even if it is because I am extremely upset. I feel super happy when I am with my friends - extra bonus if we are in New York or drinking tea.
2. I get silly when I am working. When I am doing what I love and am encouraging others to not be afraid to be creative and express themselves.
3. Something that makes me sad is When people are too selfish to consider others safety and make foolish decisions.
4. Something that makes me annoyed is when people are angry about little things and try to get you to be angry about them as well.
5. A time that I've been truly surprised was when my nephew first spoke to me. I spent a lot of time with him as a baby and was used to talking to him. One day while driving him in the car I asked him a question and he responded like a real grown up person! It was bizarre.
6. I am so thankful for my mom and dad’s ability and willingness to text message. I love being able to keep in touch about the little things going on.
7. I feel loved when I get mail. I LOVE mail.
You can find more blanks at Lauren's Blog the little things we do