Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Treasure Find Tuesday

Everything (other than a paycheck) is cuter in miniature form.

A few weeks ago at the base thrift shop, I took in an order of old tools from a friendly older gentleman. Though I have no idea what half of them were designed to do, each piece was visually interesting. I was tempted to buy all of the pieces and hang them on a wall as art. Tools tell a story. They have purpose. They are made to withstand challenging situations. They make our lives easier. Worn tools send my mind deep into endless wonderings. Who came up with this? Why is this necessary? Has new technology replaced it? How often was this used? by who? WHEN? WHY? HOW? I managed to stop myself and finished taking in the man's order. A few of his items were pricey which helped me rationalize. A splurge on old tools was just not going to happen ... yet. I have daydreams about stumbling across an abandoned barn full of odd interesting old tools and making wall art out of wrenches, but now is not the time.

Now is the time to appreciate what I did buy. One of the last tools in his order was this 1 inch red C Clamp. HOW ADORABLE ... and functional =)
I got it for under a dollar and immediately clamped it to anything I could find in my house. I had no idea they made C Clamps this small.
Right now I am using it to keep my note cards in order. Any other ideas on where I can put my new mini clamp to use and admire it at the same time?

No comments: