Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Treasure Find Tuesday

I enjoy order, but my eye LOVES chaos. That is why ever since I can remember I have been doing collage work.

Back in July, my sister Sarah sent me out thrifting for her birthday present. She gave me free regin "anything creative and thrifted"

We both have a passion for art. I set out to Goodwill Outlet with no idea of what I would come up with. I was taken back by all of the little scraps of paper hanging around in the bins. Who is gonna buy random hooked on phonics cards and children's books with busted spines and water damage? ME! Those scraps of paper and broken down books were inspiring.

Her birthday is 7/16 so I tore out all pages 7 and 16 from the books and used them as borders on either side of the piece.

I liked the end result so much I had to have one for my house, so I made one using our wedding date 6/27/2009.
The final products together.

So you have an idea of scale, my picture is hug on the wall to the left above the pink chair that needs to be recovered. How do you decide what fabric to recover a chair in?

No comments: