We dated long distance for five years. We looked forward to being under the same roof for so long, now that we’ve got our wish we do our best not to take it for granted. There is nothing I love more than spending time with my husband. Though we love our time together, we both appreciate our time apart. It may seem funny, but spending time apart now is exciting because it reminds us of the fun we had while dating. We know that the time we spend apart only brings us closer together. Phone calls, texts, and of course a reunion at the end! Nothing is better than coming home to the person you love. I am super excited about taking advantage of my Christmas gift this week and super excited about coming home too!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
2. The best gift I've ever received was… my grandmothers wedding band. It makes me happy to have something so precious on me at all times that reminds me of my grandparents. It has a history of love. It makes our love feel all the more powerful.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was… when I was approached by NYU. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I wanted to go to school in the city or that the city would want me. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity. I will cherish every moment good and bad I had there for the rest of my life.
4. I can't leave the house without … lipgloss. I ALWAYS have a few tubes of Burt’s Bees going.
5. My favorite day of the week is any week day because I am a sucker for morning talk shows and un-crowded places. I love being able to run errands or go to the movies without dealing with a mob.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is… Chris laughing. He laughs all the time long and loud and clear just like Uncle Albert in Mary Poppins. Even if I don’t think something is funny I end up laughing anyway as soon as I look at him, its contagious.
7. My perfect day would include … Waking up in NYC. Laughing at brunch with friends. Swinging by Texas to take my nephew and niece to an arcade before swimming and Snowcones. Spending the evening in Oregon with my aunt admiring the mountain and drinking wine. Falling asleep somewhere under the stars with Chris. It’s pretty unrealistic, but so is perfection. It doesn’t mean we can’t strive for it.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
This is indeed my 100th post. Craziness. This is also the perfect time to remind you that we moved over the summer. Paint colors, fabric swatches, and curtains OH MY. I know I married the right man as we are guaranteed a move every few years and therefore get to rearrange furniture A LOT. This move however was literally 10 minutes away. We LOVEED our apartment, but moving to the privatized housing near base is not only cheaper with more space, it also means guests will have a bedroom all their own WHICH MEANS more visitors and more blog adventures for us! Thank you to those who read this blog. I appreciate the opportunity to communicate with you and look forward to continuing the experience!