Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday/Halloween Wrap-Up

This post is picture heavy. I'll try to keep my chatter to a minimum, but i'll reply to comments =) Enjoy! Hope your Halloween was Spooktacular!

Wonder what we did with our pumpkin pickings? Chris' Jack was def best on the block.
Our goose-like gourds greeted people at the door.
Here is the lovely mummy I told you about earlier.
She's also got a handsome male friend. They were super easy and fun to make!
Trick or treaters had to reach into the jug for candy. The chair was thrifted for $3 so I can recover it =) . Note though that it is NOT a good idea to put food coloring directly on your hands unless you want to hear lots of "caught you red handed" jokes.
Our little pirate stood in for the statue of liberty in our mini NYC.
We had some unexpected guests pop up in our bathroom mirror!
Mom sent me these lovely spiders and some more of grandmas never ending doily collection. End result? DOILY SPIDERWEBS!

Saturday we mixed up some corn syrup, food coloring, and chocolate sauce for some bloody fun in our Dexter theme garage. We served all the drinks in here for our party which I didn't get photos of due to all the fog from the fog machine.
The pumpkin was carved out and filled with ice to chill the white wine.
Last but not least your hosts. Chris dressed up as Dexter and ... I had a little fun. I thrifted the hilarious leopard shorts and transformed myself into your crazy aunt agnes just back from her trip to Mexico. I had so much fun explaining my costume. The moment someone would ask who I was I would put on an accent and go on a tirade about how sad it is they don't recognize their own family and it's all because they don't call often enough. I am sure I freaked a few people out, but it was all in good Halloween fun.

1 comment:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Your house looks amazing, Rachel! With and without the Halloween decorations :-) I wish I had just an ounce of your creativity.