Friday, November 12, 2010

Fill in the b_ank Frid_y

Thanks again to Lauren at the little things we do for inviting us all to tag along.

1. The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was … Last year I created a drama workshop and bought an unlimited plane ticket. I traveled all over the country for a month visiting the people I love while doing the work I love. Chris was at ASBC in Alabama and I wasn’t going to sit around by myself in Ohio. It took a bit of planning to get my dates nailed down, but the idea itself spontaneously came to me as soon as I heard about the airline deal. I love routine, but I also love breaking out of routine to go on fun adventures. Try it, it builds character and keeps you from losing your mind.

2. The best gift I've ever received was… my grandmothers wedding band. It makes me happy to have something so precious on me at all times that reminds me of my grandparents. It has a history of love. It makes our love feel all the more powerful.

3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was… when I was approached by NYU. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I wanted to go to school in the city or that the city would want me. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity. I will cherish every moment good and bad I had there for the rest of my life.

4. I can't leave the house without … lipgloss. I ALWAYS have a few tubes of Burt’s Bees going.

5. My favorite day of the week is any week day because I am a sucker for morning talk shows and un-crowded places. I love being able to run errands or go to the movies without dealing with a mob.

6. Something that can always make me laugh is… Chris laughing. He laughs all the time long and loud and clear just like Uncle Albert in Mary Poppins. Even if I don’t think something is funny I end up laughing anyway as soon as I look at him, its contagious.

7. My perfect day would include … Waking up in NYC. Laughing at brunch with friends. Swinging by Texas to take my nephew and niece to an arcade before swimming and Snowcones. Spending the evening in Oregon with my aunt admiring the mountain and drinking wine. Falling asleep somewhere under the stars with Chris. It’s pretty unrealistic, but so is perfection. It doesn’t mean we can’t strive for it.