Friday, October 22, 2010

Fill in the b_ank Frid_y

1. i am 2. i wish 3. i like 4. i can 5. i hope 6. i think 7. i was

I am wearing a hat. I got horrible highlights yesterday and don't look a thing like myself. I'm ashamed for being so vain, but also for looking so fake. Hopefully this can be fixed.

I wish I could spend more time with my friends and family. There is little better than doing absolutely anything with someone who really knows you... even if the anything is nothing. I hate always playing catch up. Phone calls that begin with, "gee so what have you been up to for the past five months" make me sad. Not that I don't want to know, I DO. I just really miss being involved in the day to day lives of the people I love. I know I'm missing so much and nothing bums me out more than not knowing who you are dating or wether or not you think it's going to rain. I could go on forever about how much I miss you. Yes, you. Chances are if you are reading this I miss you A LOT. Thank goodness my mom knows how to text and we keep up on a daily basis.

I like talking to strangers at work. One of the nicest things about playing shopgirl is that it is acceptable to strike up conversations with people just because they are near you. Whenever I think about quitting, I think of how sad it would be to lose those moments of contact.

I can take a bubble bath whenever I need to because my water is included. I am very grateful.

I Hope my ticket request for MARTHA gets granted. I'm longing for NYC and all of the fabulous people.

I think celebrations should happen more often. I don't think they are silly or unnecessary. I think celebrating is extremely necessary in order for us to appreciate life.

I was going to make nachos for dinner, but then I got on the computer. It's def nacho time now.

7 comments:

Mrs. Fine said...

I feel that way about friends too -- I feel like there are soo many people I've lots touch with over the past 10 years and with whom I'd love to reconnect. As for nachos, I think I'm going to get Mexican take away for dinner -- yum!!

monica said...

i like talking to strangers too!!! i like talking to new people in general actually!!!

xo
monica

MaryPosa said...

I stumbled across your blog via teamBoo, and it is swell. :) I like this idea (i might just need to steal it in fact)

Rachel Marie said...

Thank you for all of your comments! Lots of fun posts coming soon! I tend to blog more in colder weather =)

@maryposa I got my Fill in the blank Friday idea from Lauren at http://thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com/2010/10/coffee-sweet-nectar-of-life.html


She does them every Friday and encourages people to do the same!

Jillian Marie said...

umm NY? Please come!! I miss you terribly!
-Jill

Jennifer Nario said...

Mi lady. I love this! Again so happy to talk soon. We can also make plans to visit. You know I will travel to where ever to see lovely people. Your blog is phenomenal.

Erin said...

Your post made me cry!! Please come to NYC :( This is beautiful and I MISS YOU!!!!!