Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday

I literally just bounced through my front door and sat down to tell you about today's treasure find! I was searching for a laundry hamper at ******** ****** and of course did not find what I was looking for (the first time out you rarely do). I did however come across a beautiful well kept coin purse. Nothing else made it into my cart so I just wandered into line behind some lucky people who had heaps of finds. When it got to be my turn at the register, I handed my dainty purse to the cashier and asked if he wanted to weigh it or price it on the spot. He promptly chuckled and chucked it back at me with a glorious nod that screamed, "it's yours for free!!!! Take it now and skedaddle young lady!!! It would be silly to charge you for it!!!" (without being too showy). Well yes please and thank you! I said have a lovely day and made my way to the car before anyone could ask questions. Huzzah for the kind cashier!
The purse even has a clean plastic type lining. I LOVE the print on it.
I do feel a tad scandalous - I'm going to have to make a donation ASAP
*I left out the store name in case anyone was worried about the legality of this transaction. I'm pretty sure it's all right or I wouldn't have booked it out the door without leaving a cent. I assure you i'll pass the charity on.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it! Pass the good feeling on...and by the way I went thrifting today at SF's symphony benefit store. I found something you would love and thought of you so I bought it, but now I like it so much that I must search for another one!