Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday


Now that I have made a trip to Texas to deliver my Mothers Day gift, I can finally share it with you. My mom is amazing. It's a fact. She is surrounded by a husband, six children, a daughter in law, son in law, grandchildren, mother, mother in law, and fantastic friends who all adore her. The idea for her gift came to me as I was sifting though the bins at Goodwill Outlet. When I tell you the backstory of my idea you may think I am mean, but it is all in good fun.

Mom and I never resist an opportunity to get an annoying song stuck in the other persons head. We walk past each other humming "we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here ...", "soon and very soon", or "john jacob jingleheimer smith". When I pulled this beautiful piece of sheet music for "Skip to My Lou" from 1959 I knew I had to work it into her gift somehow.
Further digging produced this frame that I knew could be beautiful with a little but of work.
After a trip to the craft store for paper, lots of windex, and a bit of wood polish, the gift was ready to make its way to Texas.
It goes great in moms family room by the piano. I love the graphics. Now every time she walks past it, she will begin tapping her toes to Skip to My Lou and know how much her daughter loves her ... or loves to torture her ... but after all what are kids for. Think I'm mean now? Like I said, its all in good fun.

Love you Mom



*just in case you are not familiar with the song here is a raffi version

1 comment:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Beautiful! What a thoughtful gift. Your mom must just love it!