Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Stars at Night Are Big and Bright ...

Deep in the heart of Texas! Over Chris' spring break we decided to head to the country for a few days of rest, relaxation, and Bluebonnets! I was so excited the whole drive up about getting our picture taken in a blanket of bluebonnets. I've been doing it ever since I was a kid. However, when we pulled into Hondera (dads acres of land between Hondo and Bandera Texas) it was difficult to find any. Where have all my bluebonnets gone? As with most things I guess I am impatient and more bluebonnets will bloom as time goes by. While sitting on the swing we finally saw ONE. Yes, one lonely lovely bluebonnet. Hopefully it will soon be joined by many friends.



Bluebonnets bloom March through May and are the Texas state flower.

Can you spot the Bluebonnet?

No comments: