Monday, November 2, 2009

Married Shoes


When I was observing at a day nursery in Manhattan one clever 5 year old made it clear to me that I couldn't possibly be a grown up because I didn't wear a "Mawied Wing". Both of her parents wore married rings, so where was mine? When it came time to get married I thought back to said adorable child and "married things". I decided to take things a step further and invested in beautiful married shoes. I chose to wear shoes that would last me much longer than a day so every-time I wear them I can relive the moment they brought me down the aisle. My light pink metallic flats came from J.Crew.

Lovely ladies and their shoes

3 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

So I'm here at the USO in the Chicago airport, commenting on your blog... which means it's time for another post! Anyway, though, just wanted to tell you how glad I am that we got to meet & play in Ohio. You are beautiful and so sweet, and I can't wait to keep in touch :-)

PS-Thanks again for the ride!!! Hope you remember at least a few of the names you came up with on the drive home haha.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Oh, and also, I think you are brilliant for buying wedding shoes (and the gorgeous lace cardigan) that you can wear again and again. Just for the record :-)

Unknown said...

well the shoes are so beautiful. and i love the idea of being able to relive the moment. i think its really special and wonderful. i can't wait for my wedding day!!