Friday, December 11, 2009

You will be visited by three ghosts ...

This haunting image is actually a shot from my bridal portraits. Normally I don't associate our wedding with spooky stories, but in the eighth grade I played the ghost of Christmas past in our middle school's annual production of A Christmas Carol and I love how this image reminds me of it. I also love the image because to me it is spiritual. It reminds me that although I find myself physically out of the theatre from time to time, it is where a part of my soul lives. It was taken at the Alley Theatre in Houston, Texas by our wedding photographer Joe Cogliandro of J. Cogliandro Photography whose focus is artistic storytelling.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

its a haunting photo yes. but also exceptionally stunning! wow.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

What a beautiful picture! And such a neat setting for bridals. Feel free to post more anytime :-)

Unknown said...

I keep trying to come up with some clever comment that contains a reference to you, the Ghost of Christmas Past, A Muppet Christmas Carol and Lisha Brown but, alas, I've got nothing. Trust that it would have been funny, though...

Also, these are some of my favorite pictures from your bridal photos. Such a pretty setting and such a beautiful bride :)

Rachel Marie said...

Thank you! For some reason I didn't really blog about the wedding when it happened (go figure I was busy) so look forward to many references and photos.