Sunday, July 11, 2010

Double Feature


The thing about being married is you always have someone to hang out with. However, even though you have devoted yourself to a person they don't ALWAYS want to do what you want to do when you want to do it. This is where compromise and/or bribery comes into play.

I have written before about my dislike for the movies on a saturday night. Chris LOVES the movies and therefore suggests we go out ... but its Saturday (can you hear the whine in my voice?). Since I had earlier asked if he would accompany me to a gigantic local antique show and flea market on Sunday (which he was less than giddy about), we both saw opportunity. AH HA! This light bulb leads us to this weekends double feature, an "If I go with you to this, will you go with me to that" scenario. We ended up having an amazing time all weekend long.

Chris' Saturday night was amazing because not only did we go out for wings, the movie theatre was not at all crowded! I made sure to tell him He was right and I was wrong. I suppose Saturday nights at the movies during the summer are acceptable. We saw Despicable Me which was HILARIOUS. I highly recommend it if you love to laugh.


My Sunday afternoon rocked with beautiful weather, treasure finds, and homemade rootbeer. Here is a sneak peek at my find (I promise you will see them in their full glory in a few months).

Compromise doesn't always mean you miss out! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

No comments: