Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday

Browsing the bins at Goodwill Outlet, I spotted a toy I thought my husband might like. Everyone knows grown men like toys, and it is good to bring little gifts home every so often. This is why I tend to pick up every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle I find for under a buck. This (as any true Lord of the Rings fan knows) is Treebeard! He is my husbands favorite LOTR character. Score. This toy is by far the largest I have picked up.
He has a significant weight to him too. Chris was pretty impressed with my find, but even more so when I looked him up online and discovered that he is worth $50 used and ones in mint condition are worth about $80.
We were even more pleased when we found out he can talk! It didn't take long to figure out where to put batteries. His mouth moves and his eyes light up as he says all his different sayings! This was an exciting find. He is proudly on display in our office.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

COOLEST (geekiest) FIND EVERRRRR.

Miss you lovely lady. Tell Chris I said hi!

Christine said...

Omg, what a great find! My boyfriend and I dressed up as trees last Halloween... I embarassed him so badly by telling people we were Ents from LoTR, haha. Hard to keep the geekiness inside sometime.

It's no talking Ent toy, but I wanted to let you know that I'm offering a giveaway on my blog for either a copy of the new book "Lunch Bags: 25 Handmade Sacks & Wraps to Sew Today" or a handmade lunch bag. Feel free to stop and enter if you have a moment-- the giveaway ends this Thursday, Aug 12 at 8pm EST :)