Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday

I don't think I ever told you I thrifted my wedding dress. A treasure find indeed! I figured I would share now since this years "wedding season" is coming to a close.
I know you are probably wondering why the look on my face is not one of a blushing bride. The truth is I found my dress while shopping for a friends gown ... and I already had one. This is my uh-oh I want this one face. After a second trip and try on, both my mom and I were convinced that the first one just wouldn't do. We took our new treasure to Olive Kane, a local seamstress. We had her take it in and make it a sweetheart.

The thrifted dress plus alterations was less expensive than my first dress.
I am so happy with the outcome.
Remember this post? Here are a some shots with the vintage shrug I thrifted. I wore the shrug while at the church and removed it for the reception. It was 104 degrees on our wedding day.
EVERYONE looked fabulous.

1 comment:

Angelica said...

So beautiful!! I really love it. What did you do with the original dress? I've purchased my dress way early and I'm scared I'll find something else!