Monday, February 16, 2009

Please Stand Up




I have had so much on my mind lately what with my internship, planning a wedding, and just plain living life, but what have I been thinking about the most? Ohio... NO! Crazy enough I have been thinking nonstop about cake stands.



Ever since I saw a cake stand centerpiece in a recent issue of MARTHA's wedding magazine I have been trying hard to figure out how to replicate it with class and a small budget. I could just make things easy and go into debt sending the 900+ dollars on cake stands just like MARTHA, but that's probably not my best idea. I'm going to have to be crafty.

I tried using ebay, but WOAH watch out that cite can get addicting! I still have a few bids I am waiting on, but purchasing all of my stands that way does not look promising. Plus I am impatient and auctions that don't end for days makes my skin crawl with anticipation.



I have yet to find anyone who rents fine china. Right now I am either headed to thrift stores (which I love, but have yet to find any stands), or asking for friendly volunteers to let me borrow their stands for a day or two. I'm going to be very honest though, I'm picky. Because I have a clear vision of what I want its gonna be hard to borrow. I would hate to insult anyone by turning away their china because it didn't fit in. Having china auditions seems pretty extreme and though I am not a bridezilla, I am sure that casting call for cake stands would raise a few eyebrows.

I am willing to make a compromise though. If I can't figure out how to get exactly what I originally wanted, I am going to buy myself one set of the cake-stands that were MARTHA inspired and keep the rest a lovely mis-match.

Can you tell I have been thinking about this.

1 comment:

Erin Phraner said...

Darling, I love your blog! You are phenomenal & I miss you terribly :(

I have cake stand ideas for you to ponder. I read recently how you can make your own with an upside down compote dish or glass, ceramic glue and a plate. You glue the upside down glass to the bottom of the plate and voila! Cakestand. You could totally go on ikea and get the stuff in bulk. I can't wait to come see you!