Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We All Scream for Ice Cream!

At least in the Monks household we do! Last week I made a run to the local Bluebell factory/distributor/office building place to pick up empty ice cream containers.



Not only are these babies mouthwateringly beautiful they are practical too! For example, can you believe the price of gift bags these days!? No wonder they get re-used so often! They are ridiculous I assure you - I know because I have been stalking craft stores lately. NYC has only one big craft store so stepping in to Hobby Lobby or Michael's back in Texas is like stepping into dream world. Anything is possible ... you just have to do it yourself. Anyhow these buckets with lids were only forty cents a piece! Way cheaper than most gift-bags or wrapping paper. Be creative with your gift giving and make it personal (I promise its not as hard as you think).

These buckets are in my wedding plans and I couldn't be happier! It feels so good to expose people to things Chris and I love. I have grown up with bluebell my whole life. Kinda makes you wanna come to Texas for a scoop doesn't it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yea, I could definitely go for some Natural Vanilla Bean right now. :)

David.

Erin Phraner said...

ICE CREAM. Bethany & I were talking about you ladies sharing a cone this coming weekend :( I'm super jealous. Have the BEST time (and a scoop in my honor!) MISS YOU