Saturday, February 14, 2009

Won't You Be Mine?



I wish that everyone could appreciate valentines day. While checking my facebook I noticed that many a status' said something along the lines of 'i hate valentines day' or 'i wish this day was over' . I understand why some people are disgruntled with the stereotypical ideas that come along with February 14th, but to me ... its all about love.

If we don't take time to appreciate the people around us what is the point of ANYTHING? News flash, we interact with people everyday. Its how we live, so why not celebrate it. My dad taught me that the greatest thing you can give to anyone is your time. So why not take time to make a valentine to let someone know you are thinking about them. It might mean more than you think.

The best thing about love is that there are so many different kinds. For example, monkey love.

On Wednesday evening I was asked by my sister-in-law to make valentines for my monkey's class. Of course he wanted Webkinz cards which apparently are not mass produced. I was happy to step in. It did take some doing, but I would do anything for monkey love.

No comments: