Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You Never Know What You Will Find

I could happily spend every day digging though thrift and consignment shops. A hobby I inherited from my parents. Department stores are just too easy and cookie cutter for me. I like the hunt for the perfect item (not to mention the price tag that usually go with them). I have had a dream lately of opening my own special finds shop. There are so many jewels hidden among the junk. I would love to be able to excavate them and make them available to others. I only have room for so much myself. I would probably have to have an online shop considering we are military and bound to be on the move ... which means I could store all of the items in my office and pretend for at least a little while that they are mine. Oh my goodness even if I could design rooms for other people using thrift shop finds I would be in seventh heaven. That should be a TV show (Its probably obvious that I am watching HGTV as I write this). Sigh. SO much love for these ideas - this isn't over.

For now I volunteer at the base thrift shop on Tuesdays and I LOVE it. I get to hang out with interesting people, do good, see crazy things, get great deals, and I get a homemade lunch for only $2. Delicious. Amazing.

The only downside is that I can never seem to leave empty handed ...
... and I always seem to walk out with a classic mason jar of buttons.

1 comment:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

You got your jar of buttons!!! Okay, LOTS of jars of buttons! I love it :-)