Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"So how is married life?"


This is the most common question I am getting now. Answer: it is wonderful! It still amazes us that we get to do this forever and we are not just playing house. I completely understand why this isn't the choice that everyone makes and how that is for the better, but for us I am so glad. I truly believe that we needed to find each other and that together we are much more ourselves than we are apart. Not to be sappy, but many of you asked.

There was a period of time when we would look at the other one in happy disbelief wondering 'why are you still here'. The funny part about being married is that you have someone with you most all of the time. Its a funny yet rewarding transition.

Marriage, Moving, new job, and no job can bring up many interesting conversations. I don't know if all of you know this, but I pretty much Hulk out if I am hungry. Rule number one in our house is get a snack before having a serious conversation lol. at least once a day Chris will say "are you hungry" not with concern in his voice, but fear and suspicion. Our squabbles are SO silly, but I know they bring us closer and are a necessary part of us talking through things. I quote myself from yesterday saying "don't you dare say I can't have more bookshelves" and at some point Chris explaining that we can't leave the apartment because "its shark week". So no worries, we haven't turned into sappy robots. We are just having as much fun as we can with this new life arrangement. I'll keep you posted, but for now we need to go find a couch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you guys are adorable. i'm SO happy that you two are so happy together. you truly deserve it.

miss you both. love from california.