Saturday, August 8, 2009

What's for lunch?

This is the question I have been waking up to lately.


Since Chris doesn't eat breakfast and I
have to (see hulking out reference in last post, or ask anyone who has spent time with me while hungry) lunch is beginning to be somewhat of an issue. I LOVE breakfast. Not only is it said to be the most important meal of the day, it is also the most delicious. The time I spend making and eating breakfast is my favorite part of the day. The morning is so peaceful. To quote Kelley McRae's 'Morning song', "I love the mornings cause nobody needs nothing from me. I love the mornings cause the world goes and leaves me alone." I use this time to prepare for the day by fueling up, watching the news, and reading blogs.

The problem now that I am married is that I want to make myself a big breakfast and 3-4 hours later Chris would like for us to have lunch together.

a. I am not hungry b. I just made breakfast and am not ready to mess the kitchen again

This morning I chose to solve this problem by making BRUNCH. Ah thank goodness for combination breakfast and lunch. I know this wont work everyday, but soon Chris will be off at work and I can eat when I like.

I went ahead and finished cooking the rest of the bacon we had in the house. I am very bad about letting food go to waste by not cooking it in time, so I am trying to get better at using everything up. Thanks to the awesome cookbook Chris' sponsor parents from the academy got us I found a waffle batter recipe. What came of it? TEXAS blueberry waffles.

Our whole brunch ended up having a Texas theme to it. We received a texas shaped waffle iron as a wedding gift (which works wonderfully!), I just happened to be drinking tea out of my Texas mug "you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas", and finally while we were eating Deep in the heart of Texas played on my random music mix. Glorious. We are both full and properly prepared for a kick ass kind of day.

Cheers


This is a fruit salad I made for a dinner we went to the other night cherry, grape, pineapple, pear, blueberry, and apple.

Any tips on how to get my husband to love breakfast are greatly appreciated.