Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday

This weeks find comes from here:
Los Angeles, CA
I mapped a route of local thrift shops and somehow ended up in little Ethiopia to find these:
only one is pictured because the rest are nicely wrapped ready to go home, but I found five and scored the lot for $5. The shop where I found them was interesting. It advertised that EVERYTHING was 50% off, but nothing had a price tag! Their policy is to make up prices on the spot when you ask. Needless to say I tried my best to hide my enthusiasm when I asked the price of these beauties.
Love the crackle and color ... these actually remind me of this treasure find. On the bus ride back to the hotel I actually had a lovely conversation with a woman carrying a Goodwill bag. She had been thrifting all day too, but unfortunately did not find the kitchen table she was looking for.

3 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

umm I just noticed how in this post the dish photo lines up with the photo of Chris and I in the ocean ... notice any similarities??

Sarah said...

Yes! I noticed that too, it looks great. I can't wait for ya'll to meet Cyrus on Monday! Maybe we can go to the zoo...or just around Castro and Noe Valley.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Just beautiful! I can't wait to go thrifting with you in just two days :-) Glad you're having fun!