Monday, April 19, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday


I know. Last Tuesday went by without me posting a treasure find. I assure you I have not run out of treasures! Quite the opposite. To make up for it though, please enjoy the view from our balcony.
I couldn't keep my eyes off this old wire milk crate at the base thrift shop over a month ago. I immediately knew I wanted to use it as a centerpiece. I got to work pulling all of our glass jars our of recycling and then soaked off the labels. I used a little goo gone and took an old toothbrush to the glasses that had stubborn tacky glue. Once the jars were ready, I ran into these gorgeous pink roses at the grocery. It was five dollars for the milk carrier and five for a dozen roses (a week later they have yet to wilt).

Good morning Spring!



BONUS FIND

We have also been admiring one of our pretty pink roses in an old whisky bottle we picked up at a thrift shop in San Francisco. Not a bad look for a buck!



3 comments:

Anna said...

SO CUTE!! I love pink roses and the milk crate is perfect! Great find!!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

A few things.

1. I missed your Tuesday last week.
2. I LOVE your patio set!
3. I love that it's warm enough for you to use it now :-)
4. That centerpiece is AMAZING. You have such an eye for good decor.
5. The aqua blue bottle for a dollar? Yes please.

Pinecone Camp said...

I love that milk crate! If I ever find one, mind if I copy you?? ;) Your shots of the crate and roses are really pretty too, btw.