Saturday, February 20, 2010

Climbing Mt. Laundry

The sun came out yesterday and it was glorious! I even went to Goodwill and got a few goodies that I will share on Tuesday.

Once the sun set, I was off to climb Mt. Laundry.
I know. Judge me. Whatever. I managed to do all 10 loads while we had a break in the weather. We don't own a washer and dryer yet. We still collect quarters and haul it to the clubhouse. I am hoping to improve this method before next winter. The main thing is that I got it done and did it with a smile... that's all that matters right?
If you know how to get a washer and dryer cheap or have any tips for picking one out I am all ears!

3 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Go Rachel! Ten loads all at once! And carrying them across the road in the freezing cold snow? You're superwoman.

Anna said...

Definitely Craigslist it. We found an old pair that worked just fine for $50 a piece! Or sometimes repair shops for those kind of appliances restore old ones and then sell them at a discount price.

You're a champ for doing all of that at once! I wouldn't stand a chance!

TexasRoyalsFan said...

see if there's a company that rents them in your area. might be a good temporary thing while you shop for a reasonably priced one. in oklahoma, i believe I paid $25-30 a month for a wash dryer set.