Monday, February 22, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday

This weeks treasure comes from Goodwill in Ohio. I usually lightly browse this Goodwill, but last week I spent 2 hours digging. One of the deals I came up with was a new leather wallet. My current wallet is small and difficult to get things in and out of. I have to take my ID out a lot to get on base and the hassle has been wearing on me. I thought this wallet was a great deal for 99 cents and was even happier when I got home and found a forever stamp inside! This means I only spent a quarter and a dime on it.
It is a soft genuine leather with a buckle and coin purse attached.I also found two other small bags to keep things organized in oversized purses.You may be thinking 2 hours in one Goodwill!? Well, I spent a lot of time trying things on. I found some great spring dresses I'll share come warmer weather. Happy Hunting!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Yay!!! That wallet is SO cool! The worn leather looks awesome! I wish we could go treasure hunting together! - Oh, and Goodwill sells the discount cards, for $5. I figure I'm definitely going to spend more that $50 all year there so it'll make it worth it.:)

TexasRoyalsFan said...

This reminded me when i spent upwards of 3 hours in Half Price Books last weekend. I was driving around after working down at the golf course and i eventually found myself down 1960, past 45 and all the mess and there was this huge Half Price Books that I had never been to.

Now normally Half Price Books is not my cup of tea because I feel their books are overpriced. I prefer the small mom and pop type book stores that are basically selling everything for 2 dollars or less.

But anyway, this Half Price Books was huge and I found plenty of bargains.

This seems kind of rambly but thats only because I cant really understand my Nigerian Biology professor and I enjoy surfing during his class.

Thank you, that is all.

-SPD

Rachel Marie said...

Anna: I KNOW I wish we could go hunting together too, but you never know maybe one day =) I am totally getting a discount card next time I go in.


Mr. Darcy you could also get good deals at thrift shops their books are usually always super cheap, but then you REALLY have to be willing to browse as they are not extremely organized. Also, I tried to turn books in to 1/2 price and they only offered me $4 for 9 books =( I took them to the base thrift shop instead.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Hooray for easy access to your mil ID! Especially there at Wright-Patt where you have to use it every other second. The fact that the wallet is adorable is a major added bonus!