Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Treasure Find Tuesday

I scored this tool chest for Chris' birthday at the base thrift shop. The woman who brought it in listed it as a filing cabinet,
but I think it makes the perfect size tool chest for a man in an apartment.

I had the tool chest sitting in the dining room wrapped up a week before his birthday. Of course Chris never mentioned the tall comic covered gift all week, but I knew he had to be curious as to what was under there. I love gifts that are unexpected. Chris opened his gifts at midnight after a serenade of Happy Birthday. It was a pleasant surprise and should fit our apartment and limited tool collection quite nicely.

2 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

That's a truly fantastic "tool box". My husband would love something like that for all his art supplies...so would I. They wouldn't be scattered all over the house then;)

Rachel Marie said...

I know I was half tempted to keep it for myself! I had to resist ... maybe if his tools outgrow it one day ... =)