Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Wolfman

No not that one silly.

This one.
I don't know how he did it, but Chris convinced me to go to the movies on a SATURDAY. I typically try to avoid any mall or theatre on a weekend if I can. I can't stand a crowded movie theatre full of dun dun dun ... teenagers. I did the whole teenager thing. I get it. It is time to be loud, outspoken, and make out in the dark. fine. I just don't want to be a part of it (anymore). It's not just the teens that get me, not all adults are well versed in movie theatre etiquette. This is another reason why we usually do movie date nights on Tuesdays. It is glorious. Most places are discounted during the week and you pretty much get the place to yourself. Try it if you can. I'm not the only one who loves it, I know my puffy winter coat always prefers its own seat next to me over popcorn covered coke spills.

Anyhow Chris did convince me to go see Wolfman with him this past Saturday. He has been pretty amazing dealing with my cabin fever, so I couldn't say no. The film is made well, but I don't recommend it if you want to learn anything about warewolves or don't like to see guts strewn about. I spent a good portion of the attack scenes with my eyes shut. They really went all out making prop guts for this movie. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of history and explanation behind the whole Lycanthropy thing. I didn't realize I was disappointed in the lack of details until the movie was over though, which means they did tell a story. I tend to prefer stories that include a detailed history. I like to know how things get started. Anthony Hopkins of course is amazing. I would watch it again (but not pay for it) just to watch him more closely.

2 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

I always enjoy a good werewolf, but guts flying is something I can't handle. Thanks for the heads up!!

TexasRoyalsFan said...

Remember that time we went and saw The Forgotten? If I remember correctly, we both knew beforehand that this movie was going to be no good and yet we went in anyway and somehow stayed for the whole thing. I just went to IMDB and looked at the synopsis and it says, "Told that their children never existed, a man and woman soon discover that there's a much bigger enemy at work. "

Yikes.

There's a tv show on ABC right now called "the forgotten" and despite hearing great things about it from coworkers and others, i refuse to watch it. I dont want to risk it.

I leave you with a line from our most famous Movie Blunders:

You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.